We’ve all been there, you cannot figure out which bottles go in which bin so it just gets put it in the general waste bin and you hope for the best. But our laziness could be turned around. Recycle now have informed us of just how significant recycling certain products can be. For example, did you know that if everyone in the UK recycled just one toothpaste box it would save enough energy to power a fridge in over 2000 homes. Or if everyone recycled one aluminium aerosol can it would provide enough energy to power a TV in over 151,000 homes for a year.
Here’s another handy list itemising the products found in each room making it even easier to get the whole family involved.
From the bathroom:
- Toothpaste boxes – flattened
- Toilet Roll tubes – flattened
- Plastic shampoo and conditioner bottles – empty, rinse and replace lids
- Shower gel containers – empty, rinse and replace lids
- Liquid Soap dispensers – empty, rinse and remove pump dispenser and dispose in general waste bin
- Bleach Bottles – empty, rinse and replace lid
- Bathroom Cleaners – empty, rinse and replace trigger sprays
From the bedroom:
- Empty tissue boxes – remove plastic inset and flatten
- Old magazines
- Empty deodorant aerosols and hairspray aerosols – ensure they are empty and remove plastic cap which is to be recycled with the plastics
From the living room:
- Cardboard Packaging from online shopping – remove packaging tape and flatten to save space in your recycling
From the kitchen:
- Washing up bottles – empty and rinse
- Bleach Bottles – empty and replace lid
- Surface cleaner bottles – rinse and replace trigger spray
- Washing liquid and conditioner – empty and rinse
- Aerosols, tins of furniture polish and air fresheners – ensure they are empty and remove plastic cap (recycled with plastics)
- Empty Dishwasher tablet boxes and Kitchen wrap boxes – flatten to save space in your recycling
So why not inform your family members of their duty. Bribe the kids, the more they recycle the more then can watch telly. To find out more information regarding recycalable materials why not check out our website for more details or contact us on 01666 505 800 or email us at email@example.com.