01666 505800

01666 505800

It is important to be aware that skips can be placed anywhere on private land. However, if you wish to place a skip on public land, such as the road or even a grass verge outside your home, then you will require a skip permit, sometimes referred to as a skip licence.

At Valley Trading we can advise whether you will require a permit before delivering a skip. And, If you do require a skip permit, we can arrange and obtain this for you through contacting your local authority as part of the service we offer.

It is also worth bearing in mind, that even if you do have an area suitable for a skip, we need to be able to negotiate our way in and out of where you live with our HGV vehicles. Consequently, please ensure that there is suitable access. If necessary we can inform you of the exact dimensions of our vehicles prior to the visit or even discuss your access with you if you are concerned.

Skip Permits and other Restrictions

In addition to acquiring a skip permit, if you are intending on placing your skip on public lands, such as a footpath, highway, verge, bank or other, there are additional actions that must be taken:

Those skips intended for public land must be suitably equipped with warning lights and similar safety markings. These can include, reflective markings, safety lights to warn oncoming traffic, traffic cones and the name and telephone number of Valley Trading – in case it is required to be moved. In these instances, we will provide all necessary additional safety and warning equipment and fit it appropriately on your skip for you.

Failure to state that your skip is to be on public land and to not take necessary precautions can lead to a fine or penalty of up to £1000.

Call us on 01666 505800

If you want to discuss skip permits or the suitability of the intended location for your skip hire.